What is this?

...stop procrastinating and put my boltless shelving together. I have been putting if off for two days now and the most I have done is to remove the pieces from the box.

So for my last post of the day, what is this?

Do not use screen shots. C U L8r!

post-2283-135572131363_thumb.jpg

Don´t know, but it gave me some inspiration for a tea light holder. Is it some sort of incense burner? and when you say don´t use screen shots, what do you mean? thanks

Alina

Alina, you can take an image from a site and use 'Google Images' to go back to the original site from which it was retrieved and aquire the data on the image.

Dear All,

Here is what I see:

Square (does this serve a purpose)

Appears hollow but without really seeing could have an inner chamber that holds something

One large hole beckoning upward (is this simply darker clay or is it well used)

Smaller opening directly beside for what appears to be air entry (I imagine lips on the surface of this opening blowing inward)

Definite cut outs in the structure (could be decorative or defusing something).

Part of me things a bubble machine or blower? Pipe?? Fish tank oxygenator?? Some homeopathic medicinal device?? Not something like a deodorizing container?? *Remember I am taking a guess with limited clues. ;)

I just think air is blown into the smaller post and something comes out the outward stretched neck out on the top.

Nelly

Lucille - thanks for the explanation - I had no idea you can do that!

By the way, what do your boltless shelves look like? I am trying to devise something simple and easy to take around to fairs. Much appreciated. I know this is not what this feed is about(:-)

These shelving units are black steel with pressed board shelves. They are used for storage. The units dimensions are 36" wide, 12" deep and 60" tall. The boxed unit weighed 35 pounds; from Home Depot.

Don´t know, but it gave me some inspiration for a tea light holder. Is it some sort of incense burner? and when you say don´t use screen shots, what do you mean? thanks

Alina

It is my hope that ancient pieces can inspire potters to create and develope new clay designs. I am glad to hear this.

Alina

It is my hope that ancient pieces can inspire potters to create and develope new clay designs. I am glad to hear this.

I would think it could be a luminary or candle box of sorts. Openings in side to let out light, chimney top for exhaust. However, that seems too simple of an answer.

Lucille - thanks for the explanation - I had no idea you can do that!

By the way, what do your boltless shelves look like? I am trying to devise something simple and easy to take around to fairs. Much appreciated. I know this is not what this feed is about(:-)

These shelving units are black steel with pressed board shelves. They are used for storage. The units dimensions are 36" wide, 12" deep and 60" tall. The boxed unit weighed 35 pounds; from Home Depot.

Thank you Lucille. I think I know the type. I was hoping it was some sort of wood shelving you can put up without tools and fretting. Somehow, I don´t think they have been invented. Yet.

Thank you Lucille. I think I know the type. I was hoping it was some sort of wood shelving you can put up without tools and fretting. Somehow, I don´t think they have been invented. Yet.

Have you looked into collapsible bookcases they may work for you? I don't know how stable they are free standing but try a search. They are also available at Target.

Oh, tomorrow I will give the answer to the use of the vessel. Some folks are real close to what it is.

Drug paraphernalia, incense burners, tea light holders, luminary, candle box, chimney, something described like a bong? What is the one thing they all have in common? Fire.

If you want to see other views of the vessel click on the link. It is a pipe rest from Korea, 19th century. So very close and without hints good guesses everyone.

http://data.fitzmuse...id/object/16502

• 1 month later...

Lucille, how do you "use Google Images"? I want to try it out!

Choose an image in your files that you have retrieved from some site. Then go to your file right click copy picture address... Hey are you going to use this for 'What is it tests'? Or do you just want it for your own information?

Hmmm.... Ok, I will say that you want it for your own information.

Go to Google Images paste the information in the search field and left click. The origin of the image should show up. If not, try another link when you right click and then paste it on. The information on how to do this is in Google Images.

Thanks, Lucille. And nope, I'm not gonna use it to cheat! It might look kind of obvious if I suddenly knew all the answers, since I've never once been able to even hazard a guess about what "it" is!!

Jayne

Lucille, how do you "use Google Images"? I want to try it out!

Choose an image in your files that you have retrieved from some site. Then go to your file right click copy picture address... Hey are you going to use this for 'What is it tests'? Or do you just want it for your own information?

Hmmm.... Ok, I will say that you want it for your own information.

Go to Google Images paste the information in the search field and left click. The origin of the image should show up. If not, try another link when you right click and then paste it on. The information on how to do this is in Google Images.

Archived