Adding & Deleting Images to my Profile Page

I've read the "help" section on posting images, but I can't find the answers I need. If this question should be posted in a different forum, please tell me where and I'll re-post it.

I have two problems: first, I can't find a way to remove or re-title an image that I've posted. One of my images has the wrong title and I'd like to change it.

Secondly, and much more frustrating is the fact that I can't find my way back to the page that lets me add images! I was able to add images earlier tonight by going to my profile page, selecting "gallery", and then clicking the "add images" button found beneath the single image I'd already posted. I left the profile page for a few minutes and when I went back to it and selected "gallery" again, I got a page showing the images that I had posted -- but I didn't get that original page with the buttons along the bottom offering the option to post a new image! I think this happened to me before, and I gave up after posting only one image.

Has anyone else had this problem? And how do I find my way back to that page that lets me add images? And how do I remove or re-title an image?

thanks, Jayne :blink:src="http://ceramicartsdaily.org/community/public/style_emoticons/default/blink.gif">

Click on your arrow next to your name on upper right hand of any page.

then your click on my settings then manage attachments from there you can delete images.

This softwhere and I spelled it how it really acts. This is not an easy thing to deal with but it is all we have to work with -think of it like your car has square tires but thats all you can afford. very bumpy but you still get there hours later-thats what this program is like for me at least.

I'm a mac guy and just like things to work-seems PC stuff does not work that way.

I worked thru a long post and posted it to thin air yesterday. After that I just went back to throwing-its about the 50th time thats happened to me here. I get logged out about just about when I am about to post a long subject.

I thought I was cool with Bill Gates but I was wrong it seems.

Mark

If you want to edit a gallery image, go to the arrow like Mark said and select my gallery, there you will be able to manage your albums and images. Open an album and you should see the button to add an image (or select image directly if it was loaded into the members gallery). To edit an image, select the one you want, on the right hand side you will find a button that says “mod options†click it and you will see a drop down menu with edit and delete options.

Hope that helps.

Click on your arrow next to your name on upper right hand of any page.

then your click on my settings then manage attachments from there you can delete images.

This softwhere and I spelled it how it really acts. This is not an easy thing to deal with but it is all we have to work with -think of it like your car has square tires but thats all you can afford. very bumpy but you still get there hours later-thats what this program is like for me at least.

I'm a mac guy and just like things to work-seems PC stuff does not work that way.

I worked thru a long post and posted it to thin air yesterday. After that I just went back to throwing-its about the 50th time thats happened to me here. I get logged out about just about when I am about to post a long subject.

I thought I was cool with Bill Gates but I was wrong it seems.

Mark

Mark, I feel your pain! I have to say that I haven't had all the problems that you've had with getting logged out and posting to thin air. That's got to be unbelievably frustrating. I followed your suggestion and it gave me the images that I had posted as attachments to postings, but not to my gallery. Halfway there.....

If you want to edit a gallery image, go to the arrow like Mark said and select my gallery, there you will be able to manage your albums and images. Open an album and you should see the button to add an image (or select image directly if it was loaded into the members gallery). To edit an image, select the one you want, on the right hand side you will find a button that says “mod options†click it and you will see a drop down menu with edit and delete options.

Hope that helps.

Matt, it worked!!!!!! I am going to print out your instructions and pin them on my corkboard so the next time I'm scratching my head and wondering where to find the 'key' to the gallery 'door' (or where to find the door, for that matter!), I'll be able to solve the puzzle. It seems a little clunky that clicking on "gallery" only shows one image until I choose the option to see all images, but whatever! Thanks.

I really love seeing people's work when I read their posts, but now I'm wondering if there are images in other people's profiles that I'm not seeing when I click on their gallery tab on their profile page! Will someone click on my avatar and then on "gallery" on my page and let me know if they see one image, 6 images, or 8 images (with the two teapots included from the posting attachments)? Thanks! Jayne

Six images, in a grid style display.

Alice

Thanks, Alice. Now I know that when I click on someone's avatar, I am seeing whatever images are posted in their public gallery. I'm not sure how to see whatever images they may have attached to a posting, but I'm gonna work on that! Thanks again!

Archived