Mug Recall

tee hee, that's an ugly mug smile.gif

Would like one though, it's sure to be a collectors piece after they are all destroyed.

I am sure that you could pick one up for $2.50 once they are recalled. Too bad they didn't hire a local ceramic factory like Starbucks did to create their mug. I couldn't make an orange mug with decal and lustre for five bucks, not including shipping.

Tom [TJR]:blink:src="http://ceramicartsdaily.org/community/public/style_emoticons/default/blink.gif">

wow, that IS an ugly mug. i LOVE home depot, but dunno if i'd ever want this. nice orange though.

Too bad they didn't hire a local ceramic factory like Starbucks did to create their mug.

Tom [TJR]:blink:src="http://ceramicartsdaily.org/community/public/style_emoticons/default/blink.gif">

I'm all about supporting USA and local factories, but that darn Starbucks contract put bar their bar-stilt production on the back burner, and i need them badly (shaking fist).

I sorta like the mug. It looks very much like Nikuoh ware from Washabi Era Japan (early 13th century) used in the Susoki ceremony. The orange color is an almost exact reproduction of Washabi Era Shinnito glaze that so many Japanese potters today try to reproduce. (Insert some sort of smiley face here to indicate that this is just a joke to get John B's hair to stand up straight on his head.)

Jim

I sorta like the mug. It looks very much like Nikuoh ware from Washabi Era Japan (early 13th century) used in the Susoki ceremony. The orange color is an almost exact reproduction of Washabi Era Shinnito glaze that so many Japanese potters today try to reproduce. (Insert some sort of smiley face here to indicate that this is just a joke to get John B's hair to stand up straight on his head.)

Jim

The Susoki potters used larger versions of these types of mugs to store their clay slop . . . until they found it was hard to empty the mugs when full.

Huh? Perkolator, I don't understand. What are you saying about Starbucks?

nothing bad about them. just a personal rant on how starbucks has interfered with the flow of some things

Per my local ceramics supplier - the company who makes the bar stilts that I like to special order in bulk (a gross at a time) now has a contract with Starbucks to produce their ceramic mug, and as a consequence their bar stilt production is on the back burner. Supposedly it will now be several months before my order can be filled because their attention is now elsewhere sad.gif sucks because these stilts are some of the best bar stilts i've ever come across and i need a lot of them and now might have to order an inferior product from someone else, which I don't want to do. /end rant

Guest JBaymore
The orange color is an almost exact reproduction of Washabi Era Shinnito glaze that so many Japanese potters today try to reproduce.

Jim,

But I doubt very much if they are hand grinding the stone for that glaze. It clearly does not have the depth and surface qualities of the original.

best,

.......john

Archived