Sign in to follow this  
Nightshade

Can you stack kilns?

Nightshade    0

Ok, so I found two kilns that fire the same. They are the smaller ones that come in sections. This might be a dumb question but could I stack them to have a taller kiln? Just a thought. Any feedback is appreciated.

Mark C.    1,798

Ok, so I found two kilns that fire the same. They are the smaller ones that come in sections. This might be a dumb question but could I stack them to have a taller kiln? Just a thought. Any feedback is appreciated.

Are these electrics? gas? same brand ?how many amps?-same plugs? dead rings?Need more info?

Mark

Cass    5

sounds doable if they are the same model/specs...i would find an adventurous independent kiln tech or electrician ( if we are talking about electric)

OffCenter    82

During my first incarnation as a potter in Denver during the '70 I sometimes helped a sculptor fire her pieces by adding one or two sections of one kiln to another kiln. They were the same model (probably either Skutt or Paragon).

Jim

perkolator    53

yes it CAN be done if you have a means to safely power those additional sections - i'm sure you may already know, you can't just simply plug them into the same control box (unless it was designed for this).