5 replies to this topic

#1 Nightshade

Nightshade

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:04 PM

Ok, so I found two kilns that fire the same. They are the smaller ones that come in sections. This might be a dumb question but could I stack them to have a taller kiln? Just a thought. Any feedback is appreciated.

#2 Mark C.

Mark C.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,850 posts
  • LocationNear Arcata Ca-redwood rain forest

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:56 PM

Ok, so I found two kilns that fire the same. They are the smaller ones that come in sections. This might be a dumb question but could I stack them to have a taller kiln? Just a thought. Any feedback is appreciated.

Are these electrics? gas? same brand ?how many amps?-same plugs? dead rings?Need more info?
Mark
Mark Cortright
www.liscomhillpottery.com

#3 Cass

Cass

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • LocationMontana

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:23 PM

sounds doable if they are the same model/specs...i would find an adventurous independent kiln tech or electrician ( if we are talking about electric)

#4 Lucille Oka

Lucille Oka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 756 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:11 AM

I do not know the ins and outs of such a configuration but Skutt does. You can ask them about the Transformer package and see if it is available to you and if it will work for you. Don't forget to watch the video- http://www.skutt.com/transformer/
John 3:16
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life".

#5 OffCenter

OffCenter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:23 AM

During my first incarnation as a potter in Denver during the '70 I sometimes helped a sculptor fire her pieces by adding one or two sections of one kiln to another kiln. They were the same model (probably either Skutt or Paragon).

Jim
E pur si muove.

"But it does move," said Galileo under his breath.

#6 perkolator

perkolator

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:04 PM

yes it CAN be done if you have a means to safely power those additional sections - i'm sure you may already know, you can't just simply plug them into the same control box (unless it was designed for this).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users