vitrified unglazed pottery and food

cambriapottery

Little confused by the syntax . . . unsafe to use unglazed or safe to use unglazed? What kind of food -- dry (breads, etc) or liquid (soups, sauces, etc)?

There have been a few posts lately about using unglazed for food . . . the thought of a knife or spoon scraping across an unglazed surface is giving me flashbacks school days and fingernails skreeching across the blackboard.

Little confused by the syntax . . . unsafe to use unglazed or safe to use unglazed? What kind of food -- dry (breads, etc) or liquid (soups, sauces, etc)?

There have been a few posts lately about using unglazed for food . . . the thought of a knife or spoon scraping across an unglazed surface is giving me flashbacks school days and fingernails skreeching across the blackboard.

*laughs* Oh, man! You just made my skin crawl... O_o

I use unglazed ^6 clay, fired to ^6, for salt piggies. Seems to work pretty well. I also use the same clay only fired to ^06 (more absorbent that way) for sugar keepers - also works well. So while they're not in contact with liquids, they're also not being used with utensils.

Archived