Which of the pieces of YOUR pottery collection will you pass-on to your children and loved ones? | Q.O.W. 11/15/2012

Guest JBaymore

Guest JBaymore

None of us likes to contemplate our mortality........ but the following question would be interesting for all of us to explore:

Which of the pieces of YOUR pottery collection will you pass-on to your children and loved ones? What will be the meaning, if any, behind the selection(s)?

- Submitted by Mary Anne Lisney

Check out joining the Potters Council ( www.potterscouncil.org ) for more networking possibilities, peer mentoring opportunities, discounts on books, magazines, and DVDs, health insurance, credit card merchant programs, and many other member benefits.

Frankly speaking everyone will have a different angle to this question. For me every pottery created with time is precious.

Pottery has always being a symbolic representation of the time it has been created. So if we want to carry past into future, all potteries needs to be preserved either physical or pottery prints.

Something like the below link

http://www.potterymarket.co.uk/pottery-art-prints/antique-art-prints/

None of us likes to contemplate our mortality........ but the following question would be interesting for all of us to explore:

Which of the pieces of YOUR pottery collection will you pass-on to your children and loved ones? What will be the meaning, if any, behind the selection(s)?

- Submitted by Mary Anne Lisney

Check out joining the Potters Council ( www.potterscouncil.org ) for more networking possibilities, peer mentoring opportunities, discounts on books, magazines, and DVDs, health insurance, credit card merchant programs, and many other member benefits.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am not attached to one piece more than another. I will leave everything that is left behind; whatever is left in the kiln, on the shelves, on the work benches, finished and works in progress, bisque as well as greenware. They can give the best of the finished ware to a church thrift store and/or keep a momento what ever they would like to do with them.

I am fortunate to have pieces from many fine potters after years of going to various venues in Montana.

Kurt Weiser piece from an ACLU Auction

Rosalie Wynkoop -several majolica pieces

many others from past residents from the Archie Bray Foundation- Richard Notkin tile for their fundraiser

Julie Galloway, Jason Walker, Kowkie Durst,

I brought back from France a group of Japanese small plates that were part of the International Ceramics Biennial in Vallauris with labels of the artists

I have a collection of Spanish Folk Pottery and a collection of Majolica from Spain, Israel, Turkey, Portugal, Morrocco

Russel Fouts saggar fired piece, Linda and Charlie Riggs saggar piece, David Roberts naked clay piece, Frances Senska, Dennis Parks,

I wish I had a David Shaner pot. He inspired me to move to Montana decades ago.

Now..I think I need to build more shelves!

Marcia

Archived