Is something wrong with the profiles.

I just pushed something...mark board as read... I can't tell if it worked or not as i don't know what it is supposed to do. ;) T I also just noticed that on the forums page, it shows no views for this post.... T

If you click "mark board as read" on the bottom of the front page, then ALL posts in ALL the forums should indicate "read" by not having a highlighted Thread or Forum Icon.

t_hot_unread.png Unread

t_hot_read.png Read

Guest JBaymore

I'm feeding this info to the Admins. Looks like there might be a temporary "issue". I'm seeing "weird stuff" also.

best,

..................john

This forum does all sorts of of weird stuff ( I use several and this is by far the crankiest) but the last couple of days have been very bad.

Very slow to load a page.

View new content not working - search function disabled is the message I get.

Tells me I'm not logged in whilst offering the option elsewhere on the page to *sign out*

The picture thing (I mentioned it elsewhere some while ago): I can often only look at one picture in a topic - if I want to look at a second one I have to sign out and sign back in again - and again for every subsequent picture.

Totally glitchy stuff going on. I was requested to resubmit a new password, got back to email to comply and link not highlighted to ease actually making a link, then decide to noodle around and lo and behold I see up on top right corner a Hi Dinah....Argh. Techies, sort it out please. :huh: As the Buddhists say s*** happens. But Sunday is my day for perusing and checking in on the interesting forums and so forth.

I was going crazy Friday and Saturday. Finally wrote to the editor at CAD (haven't heard anything back) and even when I sign out (it does allow that, still can't sign in again. Didn't ask for a new password, but sure doesn't recognize my current one. I thought it just wasn't allowing me to look someone else's info, but couldn't access mine either. I was blaming my computer, so it's nice to know I have lots of company.

Shirley

EDIT: Do you think hurricane Sandy has anything to do with this?

I appear not to be signed in, can't look at my profile but can write a post.

Anyone else having this problem?

Thanks T

I can't log in. Won't recognize my password. Can't see my picture.

TJR.

Don't worry TJR someone put a platter covering your head in your photo-those PC devils.

Mark

Thanks T

TJR.

Don't worry TJR someone put a platter covering your head in your photo-those PC devils.

Mark

Oh you devil. That platter is permanently welded to my head, just like Mr. Canoe Head.

TJR.:ph34r:

Thanks T

TJR.

Mark

Mark;

I sent a HILARIOUS reply about Mr. Canoe Head, but it did not save. I will try again. Tom.:ph34r:

Guest Sherman

To all:

We are checking into this, and will likely be resetting some things on the back end---we'll let you know if anything WE do will affect the forum performance.

Some of this has to do with the forum itself, but some of it has to do with the server as a whole. And of course, we must be sure that they play well together.

In the meantime, we appreciate your patience. Hopefully we can get things running a bit more smoothly soon.

Sherman

Archived