Cup of Comfort

Dinah

Stop by and see my three tea bowls. So pleased to have been juried in by Ray Chen, Executive Director of The Halcyon Gallery at The Swope Art Museum in Terre Haute, IN.

Exhibition dates are November 2 to December 4. Reception November 2 from 7 pm - 9pm. If you're able to attend, please take pix and let me know how it went. I'd love to attend, but haven't got deep pockets at this time of year!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for encouraging words! Always appreciated. These are tea bowls 2.5"h x 4"w. ^6 porcelanous body, my ash glaze on bottom, Steven Hill Matt Black top - and I really like that gentle sheeting effect. Clear liner, gold luster with OG transfers. Food safe.

I am a jobbing studio potter like most on this site. I apply to probably 2 to 3 juried shows a year -- national and international in scope. I sell at local farmer's market, The Museum of Northwest Art in La Conner, WA. Going to withdraw work from a couple of venues in the new year. Not best fits. It happens. Thinking more local. Twenty miles. Max.

Really like the Mount Vernon Farmer's Market which runs from end of May and mid October because I'm there in person to address queries and talk the talk with prospective customers and try to service queries. I've been a steady seller there for two summers now and was asked to join the Board.

My late husband, Mike Steveni, and I ran Dianthus Ceramics in Stratford-upon-Avon, UK from 1986 until 2003. Mike died in 2000. We created over 250 designs for Royal Shakespeare Theater, Shakespeare Birthplace Trust, Bodelian Library, etc. I've a pretty good idea of what's what and marketing and designing.

Archived