Ceramic Industries MP splash pan needed

I have a CI wheel from the 90's - wide table with drain plug. The splash pan has disintegrated! Just learned that CI sold out to Speedball and they have converted to Big Boss wheels. Anyone have a source for a replacement? Or - ever make one yourself?

Thanks!

Jolee

i've made a splash pan myself for an old alpine wheel that i've got. i just used a shallow plastic tub (the kind made to go under a bed) that I got at Target - just cut it in half or whatever length you want, then cut a groove for clearing the wheel shaft, then slip the other side into to other to complete the pan. pretty basic. not sure how well this will work out since the CI wheels have a round base where the pan would sit (mine is completely flat and rectangular), but perhaps some type of round plastic tub would work and might sit in that lip to hold it in place - try one of those cheap open-top oil pans sold in auto parts stores, they seem like they might be the right diameter and height. otherwise, i'd probably look into the more expensive solution of buying a splash pan made for a different wheel.

you could always make one from clay to replicate the original splash pan, probably wouldn't be very difficult to go this route either. all you really need is the side where you sit since the wheel you have has such a big platform out front to catch your splatter. heck, even a piece of vinyl cut into a strip would work - just wrap it around into a circle and binder clip it in place.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived