Canadian Art Educator of the Year

Hey, gang;

I am just letting all of you know that I am the recipient of the Canadian Society for Education Through Art award. They are flying me to Edmonton, Alberta for the conference and to receive the award. This represents a culmination of 26 years of teaching art from elementary, to high school, to commercial art, and at the university level. My award is for secondary art education[grades9-12].

The award is $1000.00.

If anyone on the blog is planning on attending this conference, please come up and say hello.

Tom Roberts[TJR]

Guest JBaymore

Hey, gang;

I am just letting all of you know that I am the recipient of the Canadian Society for Education Through Art award. They are flying me to Edmonton, Alberta for the conference and to receive the award. This represents a culmination of 26 years of teaching art from elementary, to high school, to commercial art, and at the university level. My award is for secondary art education[grades9-12].

The award is $1000.00.

If anyone on the blog is planning on attending this conference, please come up and say hello.

Tom Roberts[TJR]

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!

best,

............john

Thank-you to all of you for your kind thoughts. I have already spent the cash on a used kiln-new for me @$700.00. I also bought a venting system which took the remainder. I hope to get a lot of years out of this kiln.

Tom[TJR]

Thank-you to all of you for your kind thoughts. I have already spent the cash on a used kiln-new for me @$700.00. I also bought a venting system which took the remainder. I hope to get a lot of years out of this kiln.

Tom[TJR]

This is fabulous news TJR. From reading your posts here, this award is deserved, not politicized/popularized. I really am very happy for you! Congrats!

Tom[TJR]

This is fabulous news TJR. From reading your posts here, this award is deserved, not politicized/popularized. I really am very happy for you! Congrats!

Dear TJR,

Wow!!! You make me proud you too are Canadian. Well done. We need more teachers like you who do ceramics in Canada!!!

Nelly in Ontario

Tom[TJR]

Dear TJR,

Wow!!! You make me proud you too are Canadian. Well done. We need more teachers like you who do ceramics in Canada!!!

Nelly in Ontario

Nelly;

In my high school classes, I teach all the media, including drawing, painting,basic design, sculpture,but only hand building for clay work. I have one Brent wheel and a huge Cone Art kiln[which is vented].In my personal life, I have a stUdio in the backyard the size of a two car garage, but purpose built for pottery. I have a heated floor, so in the winter, it is always warm.

TJR.

Archived