TJR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 October 2012 - 05:40 PM

Hey, gang;
I am just letting all of you know that I am the recipient of the Canadian Society for Education Through Art award. They are flying me to Edmonton, Alberta for the conference and to receive the award. This represents a culmination of 26 years of teaching art from elementary, to high school, to commercial art, and at the university level. My award is for secondary art education[grades9-12].
The award is $1000.00.
If anyone on the blog is planning on attending this conference, please come up and say hello.
Tom Roberts[TJR]

#2 JBaymore

JBaymore

• Moderators
  • 2,470 posts
  • LocationWilton, NH USA

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:34 PM

Hey, gang;
I am just letting all of you know that I am the recipient of the Canadian Society for Education Through Art award. They are flying me to Edmonton, Alberta for the conference and to receive the award. This represents a culmination of 26 years of teaching art from elementary, to high school, to commercial art, and at the university level. My award is for secondary art education[grades9-12].
The award is $1000.00.
If anyone on the blog is planning on attending this conference, please come up and say hello.
Tom Roberts[TJR]

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!

best,

............john
John Baymore
Immediate Past President; Potters Council
Professor of Ceramics; New Hampshire Insitute of Art

http://www.JohnBaymore.com

#3 Cass

Cass

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • LocationMontana

Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:07 PM

well done!

#4 Marcia Selsor

Marcia Selsor

Professor Emerita, Montana State University-Billings

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,542 posts
  • Locationwhere Texas, Matamoros, Rio Grande and Gulf of Mexico come together.

Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:32 PM

YES, Congratulations!!! Quite an honor!!!
Marcia

#5 trina

trina

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:47 AM

Super News from the Great White North!

Excellent eh!

All the best

T

#6 ayjay

ayjay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • LocationHampshire, UK.

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:59 AM

Well done TJR, I only know you from on here but you are always helpful and I'm confident that you are well worthy of this award - enjoy your moments of fame - (and the cash). :)

#7 OffCenter

OffCenter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:11 AM

Congrats, Tom!
E pur si muove.

"But it does move," said Galileo under his breath.

#8 Mark McCombs

Mark McCombs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • LocationSW Washington

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:22 PM

Well done.

Congratulations!

B)
Mark
Fast Hawk Pottery

^5-6 Ox
1227 Skutt

#9 Chris Campbell

Chris Campbell

clay stained since 1988

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,960 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:28 PM

Congratulations and thanks for all your years of teaching!

Chris Campbell
Contemporary Fine Colored Porcelain
www.ccpottery.com

TRY ...   FAIL ...  LEARN ...  REPEAT

#10 TJR

TJR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:53 PM

Thank-you to all of you for your kind thoughts. I have already spent the cash on a used kiln-new for me @$700.00. I also bought a venting system which took the remainder. I hope to get a lot of years out of this kiln.
Tom[TJR]

#11 Pres

Pres

Retired Art Teacher

• Moderators
  • 1,745 posts
  • LocationCentral, PA

Posted 23 October 2012 - 08:46 AM

Thank-you to all of you for your kind thoughts. I have already spent the cash on a used kiln-new for me @$700.00. I also bought a venting system which took the remainder. I hope to get a lot of years out of this kiln.
Tom[TJR]

This is fabulous news TJR. From reading your posts here, this award is deserved, not politicized/popularized. I really am very happy for you! Congrats!

Simply retired teacher, not dead, living the dream. on and on and. . . . on. . . .                                                                                 http://picworkspottery.blogspot.com/

#12 Nelly

Nelly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 02:31 PM

Tom[TJR]

This is fabulous news TJR. From reading your posts here, this award is deserved, not politicized/popularized. I really am very happy for you! Congrats!

Dear TJR,

Wow!!! You make me proud you too are Canadian. Well done. We need more teachers like you who do ceramics in Canada!!!

Nelly in Ontario

#13 TJR

TJR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:25 PM

Tom[TJR]

Dear TJR,

Wow!!! You make me proud you too are Canadian. Well done. We need more teachers like you who do ceramics in Canada!!!

Nelly in Ontario

Nelly;
In my high school classes, I teach all the media, including drawing, painting,basic design, sculpture,but only hand building for clay work. I have one Brent wheel and a huge Cone Art kiln[which is vented].In my personal life, I have a stUdio in the backyard the size of a two car garage, but purpose built for pottery. I have a heated floor, so in the winter, it is always warm.
TJR.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users