Higher Education

I'm currently in my second year of college (one year at community and one year at Memphis College of Art) and am starting to consider transferring- hopefully for the last time! I chose MCA because of their photography program, but when I changed my major to sculpture with a concentration in ceramics I realized I'm not super impressed with the program. I'm looking for a school where the focus will be studio classes rather than liberal arts, and I prefer making functional pieces to conceptual/sculptural. I love Raku firing and other experimental/alternative techniques, like printing photos or carvings onto clay. Does any of this make you think of a specific school, or several I could look into? If you need more information I'm happy to help, thank you for your time!

if you area Tennessee resident and looking for in state tuition, then Mufreesboro had a good rep and you can not beat the Appalachian Center at Tennesse Tech in Smithville.

As Stephen says, look at the instructors, facilities and program. Visit the campuses and talk to students. That is the best source for information but sift through that info carefully.

Marcia

Archived