• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 Marcia Selsor

Marcia Selsor

Professor Emerita, Montana State University-Billings

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,530 posts
  • Locationwhere Texas, Matamoros, Rio Grande and Gulf of Mexico come together.

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:36 AM

nelly,
As Marc mentions, human hair leaves a much finer line. Possible thick black hair may work better than a fine brown hair. My friends gave me lots of hairs from their pets to try along with horse hair from their horses...bage labeled with respective horse's name.
Labs hair worked. Rurkey feathers worked. I Ike duck feathers which I get from my back yard when they are breeding. Always lots of feathers then.
It seems that organis things with an oily content work best. Maybe eucalyptus leaves would work.

Marcia

#22 Evelyne Schoenmann

Evelyne Schoenmann

Ceramic Artist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland and Italy

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:50 AM

I'am doing horse hair firings too (I love the stink, John:lol:) and I get the hairs from a nearby horse ranch. They would give it for free, but I always pay 20 bucks for a bag full. White, black, from the mane or the tail, whatever. I use the ones from the mane for the firings and the ones from the tail for brushes. Like Marcia says (hi Marcia, are you still in Vallauris?) they get it from their scrubbers after grooming their horses. So no fence jumping here either...

Why aren't they monitoring the horse fences during the night? They would catch the thief in no time....

Happy pottering!

Evelyne

Evelyne Schoenmann
Studio: schoenmann ceramics
In love with alternative firing methods
www.schoenmann-ceramics.ch

#23 Marcia Selsor

Marcia Selsor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,530 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:06 PM

I'am doing horse hair firings too (I love the stink, John:lol:) and I get the hairs from a nearby horse ranch. They would give it for free, but I always pay 20 bucks for a bag full. White, black, from the mane or the tail, whatever. I use the ones from the mane for the firings and the ones from the tail for brushes. Like Marcia says (hi Marcia, are you still in Vallauris?) they get it from their scrubbers after grooming their horses. So no fence jumping here either...

Why aren't they monitoring the horse fences during the night? They would catch the thief in no time....

Happy pottering!

Evelyne

Yes, still In Vallauris..show went up today and will finish exhibition layout tomorrow when the last pieces come from the kiln. looking good so far.
Thanks for asking.
Marcia
Show includes a French horse's tail!
Ouch.

#24 Lucille Oka

Lucille Oka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 756 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:24 PM

[/quote]
Yes, still In Vallauris..show went up today and will finish exhibition layout tomorrow when the last pieces come from the kiln. looking good so far.
Thanks for asking.
Marcia
Ouch.
[/quote]

Ouch indeed!(lol)
John 3:16
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life".

#25 Marcia Selsor

Marcia Selsor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,530 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:41 PM

Show also includes some French feathers...kind of a feel of a sexy boa!
Oui?
Marcia

#26 Lucille Oka

Lucille Oka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 756 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:44 PM

Show also includes some French feathers...kind of a feel of a sexy boa!
Oui?
Marcia

Really? Je ne sais pas.
John 3:16
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life".

#27 Evelyne Schoenmann

Evelyne Schoenmann

Ceramic Artist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland and Italy

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:04 AM

Happy pottering!

Evelyne

Thanks for asking.
Marcia
Ouch.

Hi Marcia

I got an invitation for the show in Vallauris and I wanted to come surprise you, but we got a message that my mother-in-law had another stroke and we have to rush home. I'am so sorry I couldn't come. I wish you a lot of visitors for the show.
How is your friend in Italy doing?
Could you post pictures from the show in Vallauris?
Love, Evelyne

Evelyne Schoenmann
Studio: schoenmann ceramics
In love with alternative firing methods
www.schoenmann-ceramics.ch

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users