Email Invites to Events

I would be interested to know what electronic tools/software people are using to create announcements and/or invites to open studios, shows and other events. I have had good success with Evite largely because it is ways to use and create simple designs. It also has a great RSVP feature so that you have some idea of attendance and who is responding to your announcement.

What other tools are being used out there?

I started using Mailchimp ( http://mailchimp.com ) earlier this year. I chose it because it's free (as long as you send less than 12,000 emails per month). It's really easy to use, and it's also hilarious. For example, when you are ready to hit "send" on your campaign, it says "This is your moment of glory." Then after you hit send, it says "Nice work. You totally deserve a raise." That always makes me chuckle.

Mailchimp gives you pretty good data about your campaign, even if you are using the free version. Like who opened your email, and who clicked on any links. And it compares your stats to industry averages.

After I send a Mailchimp announcement for a show, I'll post about it on facebook too.

Mea

Archived