Anyone have experience using a glaze mixing company?

Recently, I heard about Glaze Mixer (www.glazemixer.com) as a forum to share glaze recipes and to order glazes to be mixed. Last week, I ordered several colors and despite emails and calling the company, I haven't heard back from them. Te phone number doesn't say the company name in the announcement either. While my card hasn't been charged, I'm concerned that this site may not be legitimate or out of business. Any info or suggestions would help. Thanks!

I've used glazemixer a few times, and have been very satisfied...most recent order was on 7/1 of this year. The glaze was mixed and shipped the next day. However, I placed an order on 9/29 and as of now, the glazes have not been mixed. It is definitely legit so I'm thinking there is a good reason (perhaps away for a few days, etc.) for the lack of response. I'll wait a few days longer before I panic.....I really like having somewhere to order the dry glazes, since I have no space (or really a desire right now) to buy/mix myself.

Patti

I've used glazemixer a few times, and have been very satisfied...most recent order was on 7/1 of this year. The glaze was mixed and shipped the next day. However, I placed an order on 9/29 and as of now, the glazes have not been mixed. It is definitely legit so I'm thinking there is a good reason (perhaps away for a few days, etc.) for the lack of response. I'll wait a few days longer before I panic.....I really like having somewhere to order the dry glazes, since I have no space (or really a desire right now) to buy/mix myself.

Patti

Thanks Patti! I'll wait a while longer. Glad it's been a good experience for you!

Recently, I heard about Glaze Mixer (www.glazemixer.com) as a forum to share glaze recipes and to order glazes to be mixed. Last week, I ordered several colors and despite emails and calling the company, I haven't heard back from them. Te phone number doesn't say the company name in the announcement either. While my card hasn't been charged, I'm concerned that this site may not be legitimate or out of business. Any info or suggestions would help. Thanks!

GlazeMixer.com has been awesome in the past. I just ordered some and received it. I just ordered some more but have not heard anything and it has been a week. I've seen a decline in communication with them the last couple months. I'll have to wait and see.

Juan at Laguna is the glaze guy on the west coast plant.

I have had 4-5 tons made over the past 15-20 years. Its my most used glaze. Its cheaper to make it myself but I make the other 15 glazes I use and this frees me up to make those. They have made a few errors over the years but fessed up and made it right.

I use about a ton of this (40 bags) glaze every 4-5 years.

Mark

Archived