Best Potters choice Glazes (post pics)

clayking

I have recently become interested in the Potters choice glazes, and I am curious which ones look and fire the best.

This is quite difficult to answer, I use some PC glazes and have followed various topics on this board regarding them, it does seem that a glaze which works for one person doesn't perform the same for another.

A couple of people have mentioned struggling with the Blue Rutile - I find it hard to get it wrong.

Ancient Jasper has a couple of topics dedicated to it with some valuable input on how to use it by the guy who created it, I haven't made Ancient Jasper work perfectly yet (acceptable, but not great) but my kiln is old and takes too long in the latter stages to reach temperature (see instructions mentioned earlier).

link to AJ topic >>> http://ceramicartsda...__fromsearch__1

Most of the PC glazes I've used appear to be easy to apply and fire pretty much as they should, the only one I've used which I don't yet like is the Shino - I still haven't figured out how to apply two irregular coats.

I've not come up with any stunning combos myself yet and can only really suggest you have a play around; check out which of the glazes are opaque and which are more translucent and which ones will float and give some interaction - the info is on Amaco's website.

I like Iron Lustre, which does well on its own but also excels over some other glazes, like Deep Firebrick, as in the pic (glazes were poured on bisqued ware, fired ^5 with 15 min hold, electric Skutt kiln).

Thanks for the pic. Great looking mug, and I like the combination.

Archived