41 replies to this topic

#41 kilnpriestess

kilnpriestess

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationBrunei Darussalam

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:21 AM

I am trying to get a large donated front loading electric kiln working at the university where I teach in Brunei Darussalam. If this beast ever becomes operational I promise to make it a special kiln guardian. I have no idea of what the personality of this kiln will be like once it comes on line, but since it seems to have a lot of gauges and dials that look as though they came from a sci-fi movie from the 1950's, it might have a retro sensibility to it. I am sure that this kiln is a Sir or a Mrs. type of kiln. This kiln needs proper respect, especially since there are both Japanese and German sounding company names on some of the components. Maybe is could be a Mrs. Keramic-haussen Kiln. The control panel also has a large plastic putty and red colored bell on top that is in the shape of an air-wick solid. That is its most graceful feature. I really am open to suggestions as to what to name this kiln on which I am hanging all of my hopes of a future ceramic program on. If you have any ideas, please let me know.

#42 kilnpriestess

kilnpriestess

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationBrunei Darussalam

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:45 AM

I am trying to get a large donated front loading electric kiln working at the university where I teach in Brunei Darussalam. If this beast ever becomes operational I promise to make it a special kiln guardian. I have no idea of what the personality of this kiln will be like once it comes on line, but since it seems to have a lot of gauges and dials that look as though they came from a sci-fi movie from the 1950's, it might have a retro sensibility to it. I am sure that this kiln is a Sir or a Mrs. type of kiln. This kiln needs proper respect, especially since there are both Japanese and German sounding company names on some of the components. Maybe is could be a Mrs. Keramic-haussen Kiln. The control panel also has a large plastic putty and red colored bell on top that is in the shape of an air-wick solid. That is its most graceful feature. I really am open to suggestions as to what to name this kiln on which I am hanging all of my hopes of a future ceramic program on. If you have any ideas, please let me know.

I have thought hard and long about the name for the kiln and I have decided to call it, "The Portal Hostess with the Magnetic Resonator." This kiln really does have a magnetic resonator because there is a press-label with raised lettering that points this feature out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users