Glaze Day

My fair season is heating up . One show last weekend another couple in a few weeks back to back in different states. We usually glaze on Fridays or Mondays and I load the car kiln and small (12 cubic updraft) the same day.Got the updraft loaded and fired today the car kiln fire is tomorrows job

This was glaze day and this afternoon it looks like this .Almost all the work fit with a little left over for next weeks load.Always good to have left overs. Lots of stuffers as well.This year due to wrist surgery has set me back and this is only my 12 Car kiln load-looked at my log and last year I had 21 fires done at this time. I had a slow recovery this past winter/spring and now am back to almost full speed.

Mark

post-8914-134828655043_thumb.jpg

post-8914-134828655157_thumb.jpg

post-8914-134828655268_thumb.jpg

I have been in Mendocino galleries since the 80's-Started at Ruth Carlson which morphed to Gallery One then folded and I moved to Mendo gift store. I live 3 1/2 hours north of there In Humboldt.

I am familiar with Highlight which sold a few years back to different owners.

Mark

Hi Mark, great looking stuff! Glad you are getting back to normal. I expect your normal is way more productive than my 'really busy'.

I am heading to Camarillo for 8 days to visit family. I will be there over the weekend of the 28,29th , that's next week. Do you know of any good shows that would be interesting for a visiting potter and family?

Or galleries to visit in the area? We went to Ojai, (sp?) last year and all enjoyed the day. Appreciate any suggestions.

Ojai is all I know as thats all 12 hours south for me.

Must be a few in Santa Barbara as well.

No shows I now of in those parts-I avoid all so-cal shows-

Mark

Hi Mark, great looking stuff! Glad you are getting back to normal. I expect your normal is way more productive than my 'really busy'.

I am heading to Camarillo for 8 days to visit family. I will be there over the weekend of the 28,29th , that's next week. Do you know of any good shows that would be interesting for a visiting potter and family?

Or galleries to visit in the area? We went to Ojai, (sp?) last year and all enjoyed the day. Appreciate any suggestions.

Archived