Won $30,000 grant - what do I buy?

I just found out that I will be receiving between $15,000 and $30,000. I've got a brand new ceramics program. We have a kiln, and that's it - I need to get everything else. I would love all suggestions regarding floor plans, etc. the room I will be transforming is 24' x 22' and have the kiln elsewhere. I've got classes with 30 high school students. For sure, I want a pugger, slab roller, and some sort of sink, possibly a Cink that can handle clay. I've got an outside area that I'm contemplating screening and awning-ing so we can put the wheels outside. I just don't even know where to start. Please, PLEASE give me some suggestions so that's I make the right choices. Thanks very much!

I just found out that I will be receiving between $15,000 and $30,000. I've got a brand new ceramics program. We have a kiln, and that's it - I need to get everything else. I would love all suggestions regarding floor plans, etc. the room I will be transforming is 24' x 22' and have the kiln elsewhere. I've got classes with 30 high school students. For sure, I want a pugger, slab roller, and some sort of sink, possibly a Cink that can handle clay. I've got an outside area that I'm contemplating screening and awning-ing so we can put the wheels outside. I just don't even know where to start. Please, PLEASE give me some suggestions so that's I make the right choices. Thanks very much!

clayking.com for a great deal on a shimpo 30inch slab roller. Find a local wood shop to make your work tables. Good luck

Congratulations!

Get paper and pencil. Decide what you want to teach; hand building or wheel work? The equipment that you listed is not cheap. Not to mention all of the accessories.

Thirty students, did you mean at one time? How many times per day; per week? Whatever your answer it means that you will need lots of storage and more storage and more storage.

Best wishes.

Archived