Wood Glue & Soaps

AndyL

I have a mild Cerebal Palsey that makes my hands shake. Ocassionally I'll be loading two levels of very tall pieces in an elecric kiln. I was thinking of of using 9 inch soaps and wood glueing the butt ends together for temporary stability until I finish loading. If I had two kilns obviously I'd break these into two separate loads. I was figuring the glue would burn off during the firing without creating problems like lubricating the soaps somehow and crashing the shelving. Any opinions appreciated.

Guest JBaymore

I use Elmers White wood glue for attaching wadding in wood firing all the time and it completely burns away. I would think it should stabilize the two soap stilts on top of each other a bit.

best,

.................john

I have a mild Cerebal Palsey that makes my hands shake. Ocassionally I'll be loading two levels of very tall pieces in an elecric kiln. I was thinking of of using 9 inch soaps and wood glueing the butt ends together for temporary stability until I finish loading. If I had two kilns obviously I'd break these into two separate loads. I was figuring the glue would burn off during the firing without creating problems like lubricating the soaps somehow and crashing the shelving. Any opinions appreciated.

I use hot glue to bond things when loading the kiln if it's dry. Bonds together in a few seconds and burns off clean.

Aloha, Ken

Archived