So I wasnt thinking...

MMB

A good while back I thought Id make a copper carbonate salt wash to use for pit firing ware. Why I stuck rock salt in the glass I dont know. So Ive had this mason jar of water, copper carbonate, and undissolved rock salt. I havent had the time to be in my studio to do anything this entire year due to life issues. So this past month Ive been cleaning up the studio and trying to get it back into working order. I saw this jar of mix and was like hmmmm I wonder...and I threw it in my ball mill. I ran it over night and forgot to turn it off before I went to work. I come back that night to a spewing tumbler. Finally got to investigating it today and it was just a big brown mess with chunks of salt. I wasnt thinking about the whole friction creating heat aspect and turning my carbonate to an oxide.

Its a rusty brown color though and not black. Really Im just curious if this mess is still something usable? I mean it was just going to be scattered in the fire to begin with. Im guessing the salt corroded my bearings for my mill being there was the inclusion of water. So yeah still worth the use? I was also thinking Id dry the whole mess out then mill it again bone dry.

Archived