• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Marcia Selsor

Marcia Selsor

Professor Emerita, Montana State University-Billings

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,532 posts
  • Locationwhere Texas, Matamoros, Rio Grande and Gulf of Mexico come together.

Posted 15 September 2012 - 12:14 PM

Marcia Selsor is teaching a workshop on Advanced Raku Techniques in Vallauris , France on Sept. 22 for making, image transfers,
And Oct. 6 for decorating, glazing and firing and post firing treatments. See the attached link.
http://www.facebook....CE/288756591474

#2 OffCenter

OffCenter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:42 PM

Marcia Selsor is teaching a workshop on Advanced Raku Techniques in Vallauris , France on Sept. 22 for making, image transfers,
And Oct. 6 for decorating, glazing and firing and post firing treatments. See the attached link.
http://www.facebook....CE/288756591474

Interesting. Looks like it will be a good workshop. Post pics.

Jim
E pur si muove.

"But it does move," said Galileo under his breath.

#3 Cass

Cass

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • LocationMontana

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:09 PM

oh, to dream of going....was there three years... the quality, diversity, artistry of french clay and glass are amazing

have fun, and pics or vids would be great

#4 Marcia Selsor

Marcia Selsor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,532 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:20 AM

The Ceramics Biennale 2012 is in the galleries all over town until November. great environment to be living and working.
marcia

#5 Cass

Cass

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • LocationMontana

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:36 AM

bit confused, are you in vallauris or tuscany?

i visited the vallauris show in, i think, '03...it was a Terre et Feu sponsored show (?could be mixing things up)...one booth after the next it was so outstanding, and impressive the work that was being done...had a big effect on me just seeing all the work and meeting the artists who i had known through print

#6 Marcia Selsor

Marcia Selsor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,532 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:38 AM

bit confused, are you in vallauris or tuscany?

i visited the vallauris show in, i think, '03...it was a Terre et Feu sponsored show (?could be mixing things up)...one booth after the next it was so outstanding, and impressive the work that was being done...had a big effect on me just seeing all the work and meeting the artists who i had known through print

This is the 22 international ceramics Biennale in Vallauris. there are not booths. There are six museum galleries showing work by many international artists. next weekend is Japanese Weekend with a drum concert among other things.
I am in France at the Artist in Residence Program in Vallaris. I am doing a raku workshop on Sept 22 and firing Oct.6. Our exhibition for the resident artists opens Oct. 13.
Marcia

#7 Marcia Selsor

Marcia Selsor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,532 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 02:55 PM

Our workshop was great today with last night's hosts stopping by to visit. we did image tranfers,and made pieces for raku, saggar and smoke firing. we' ll meet again in two weeks. Tired after a big day.
Marcia

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users