Has anyone done the Best of the NW - Seattle shows?

Cass

I have done 6 folklife shows in Seattle stopped long ago (8 years ago) as I gave up 4 day shows. I know a young potter who is doing this one this fall. I Have not heard much on this show one way or the other. Isn't this a new location for past 2 years for this show?

I'm not sure I would travel far for this show either way.Getting folks inside in the winter in big venues is hard these days.

Mark

yes it is a new venue, pier 91, i have no idea what it is like

as to that other thread as well, they have extended to the entry deadline from april to next week....this does not bode well in my opinion

i'll probably do it, if only to get away, and show deadlines always light a fire under me to get a bunch of work done

• 2 weeks later...

I was thinking about doing this show as well, but have never been to it. The fact that they extended the date for applications was a red flag to me. The list of participant ceramic artists look good, both local and out of town. However in the end I decided to not sell here and I will just go down to it on the last day and talk to each of the potters to see how they did. There is always next year, if it looks good.

I recently did the Waterfront Park, Arts show with the same group of people. Granted this was a small gathering and not the same thing, but the show for me was a total bust. Waste of time and money, and after talking to many of the other artists they had equally bad results. This is not NW Art Alliance's fault, just my experience.

Archived