Outside patio studio

I am lucky to have just moved to the Fl.Keys but have no inside spot for my studio.I'm thinking on an upstairs covered porch.My main concern is besides if the rain will hit my green ware and swatting bugs as I throw,will salt air corrode my wheel?Also how would the heat effect my pots?Thanks.

I am lucky to have just moved to the Fl.Keys but have no inside spot for my studio.I'm thinking on an upstairs covered porch.My main concern is besides if the rain will hit my green ware and swatting bugs as I throw,will salt air corrode my wheel?Also how would the heat effect my pots?Thanks.

Yes on all accounts

you could screen the porch which also may help keep the rain off. Pots will dry faster unless it really muggy out.

Sea air will over time corrode most metals.It may take years for this to happen.

Mark

Salt air is corroding everything, everywhere inside and out so that's a constant.

My concern would be Mosquitos since the newer invaders are active all day long and hunt for you rather then staying put. Screening it in would be good if you can afford it ... They might also be able to add some kind of drop down plastic to shield from rain?

Any plans on how you would cope with tropical storms and such?

Archived