Sign in to follow this  
Potterylover

How long does it take plaster to dry that was poured for a wedging table?

It depends on the humidity and air but several days for sure-you want it to be hard/dry and that will take some time. If its thick it will put out some heat as it goes off.-You can add a fan to get some air moving over it to speed it up.

Mark

It depends on the humidity and air but several days for sure-you want it to be hard/dry and that will take some time. If its thick it will put out some heat as it goes off.-You can add a fan to get some air moving over it to speed it up.

Mark

Thanks Mark! It is giving off heat. Seems damp, but hard. I'll surely wait a few days before using.

It took mine a very long time (like a week or so) in our basement, which is air conditioned, but slightly humid. I threw the canvas over it too soon, and ended up with mildew stains on the canvas....

Alice

Hi, I'm just curious, How long does it take plaster to dry that was poured for a wedging table? We poured it today....50 lbs of potters plaster as required in the wedging table's directions.

I recently made a wedging surface from 25lbs of pottery plaster it is 2" thick. It took about two weeks to completely dry.