Sign in to follow this  
Lucille Oka

What Is This Guy?

Lucille Oka    16

Now this guy has lots of personality. I don't think his origin will be hard to detect but what it is, is the real question. As usual do not use screen shots. I have one other view I will show later.

post-2283-134554036512_thumb.jpg

post-2283-134554036512_thumb.jpg

TJR    359

He looks Greek-Red Figure or Black Figure.

The term is stirrup cup, where a rider was given a drink of wine, while or after riding. The bottom is not flat so you have to set him upside down on his rim, after you have completely drained the cup.

What do I win?

Tom[TJR]

Chris Campbell    1,088

I don't know whether to comment on the business forum or here ... but ... if one wanted to retire off making mugs imagine a line of these ( with the specific Greek Lettering of certain societies ) sold on or near college campuses??? :unsure::lol::rolleyes: The volume off breakage and replacements would be worthwhile too.

Lucille Oka    16

He looks Greek-Red Figure or Black Figure.

The term is stirrup cup, where a rider was given a drink of wine, while or after riding. The bottom is not flat so you have to set him upside down on his rim, after you have completely drained the cup.

What do I win?

Tom[TJR]

Do you mean a rhyton? It really isn't that type of cup, but yes it is a cup. Tom there is nothing to win sorry. It is not a contest or sweepstakes it is just a little thought provoking fun.

Lucille Oka    16

I don't know whether to comment on the business forum or here ... but ... if one wanted to retire off making mugs imagine a line of these ( with the specific Greek Lettering of certain societies ) sold on or near college campuses??? unsure.giflaugh.gifrolleyes.gif The volume off breakage and replacements would be worthwhile too.

It is not a bad idea, but that would require molds and slip for casting and lots of storage space. So get going at it Chris. It was your idea.