What Is This Guy?

He looks Greek-Red Figure or Black Figure.

The term is stirrup cup, where a rider was given a drink of wine, while or after riding. The bottom is not flat so you have to set him upside down on his rim, after you have completely drained the cup.

What do I win?

Tom[TJR]

He looks Greek-Red Figure or Black Figure.

The term is stirrup cup, where a rider was given a drink of wine, while or after riding. The bottom is not flat so you have to set him upside down on his rim, after you have completely drained the cup.

What do I win?

Tom[TJR]

Do you mean a rhyton? It really isn't that type of cup, but yes it is a cup. Tom there is nothing to win sorry. It is not a contest or sweepstakes it is just a little thought provoking fun.

I don't know whether to comment on the business forum or here ... but ... if one wanted to retire off making mugs imagine a line of these ( with the specific Greek Lettering of certain societies ) sold on or near college campuses??? unsure.giflaugh.gifrolleyes.gif The volume off breakage and replacements would be worthwhile too.

It is not a bad idea, but that would require molds and slip for casting and lots of storage space. So get going at it Chris. It was your idea.

Archived