Sales Tax ID, Federal Tax ID, OR

ok, interesting research.

Talked to a sign company in the town next to ours and was told that they have done several signs like mine for the town I live in. There was no zoning ordinance, no permiting, no nothing. The only thing she said was that the sign could not be any larger than a real estate sign, and it could not be concreted in the ground.

Also, sent an email to the Mayor of our town respectfully asking for some guidance and some information on this issue. I told him my opening day was next weekend and I needed time to get sign ordered and invitations sent out, basically the same thing I have told our Town Manager. Again, no response.

So, I have made my decision. I am no longer waiting to do what I need to do in order for my small shop to open. Sign will be ordered in the morning, I will hang it from my mailbox when it arrives, I will be sending out invitations and announcements tomorrow as well, placing ad in our local paper letting everyone know that I will be open September 8th. Was going to open Sept 1, but that is Labor Day Weekend, so not sure if that would be a good idea.

I have done all I can do, I am extremely dissapointed that our Elected Officials treat the citizens this way, basically ignoring them even when the issue is a "small" one such as mine. There is really no excuse for not getting some type of communication from them, so let them find fault with what I have done. I am not going to keep waiting and hoping for an answer. It is just plain sad that we have only ONE person who can tell me anything. What happens if that person is out for any length of time? Does the town just roll up the sidewalks and wait for his return. Nope, not going to do that. I have been as professional and as above board as I can, contacting every person who works at Town Hall, as well as the Mayor.

But I have worked too hard and too long to be put on a back burner with no intentions of being contacted over something as petty as a sign in their opinion.

Wish me luck I will probably need it, but I will do whatever it takes to make sure my sign stays up.

Archived