21 replies to this topic

#21 Babs

Babs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 920 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 08:30 PM

Funny Neil said that if you would not keep your computer in it you should not keep your kiln in it.  My classroom had my kiln in it, but the computer techies would not install a kiln in the room. Dust.

A few years ago ditto, but now kiln in clasroom, no kids or computers in that room, I guess a lot of centres and studios have separate rooms as kiln rooms, minimal dust. With computerised kilns, about to buy one, I would not be putting it outside, the plastics for wiring etc may not be of the standard required for outdoor usage, and I don't want to be the one doing the trial. I ignorantly did this for a satellite dish which had a non uv stable plastic cover on an integral part, a couple of years later up for a new satellite dish as cost of repair was more that the cost of a new dish, hopefully with the correct cover for the above part.   SO think where the manufacturer was dreaming of your kiln being placed. As for the satellite dish manufacturer, wasn't thinking/caring??

#22 Mark C.

Mark C.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts
  • LocationNear Arcata Ca-redwood rain forest

Posted 26 December 2013 - 03:30 PM

Norm I like your( my strategy for keeping our kiln dry in the rain is to have it firing at the time)

it would not work here but it sounds good there.West Hollywood sounds better in 1910 than now at least for me.

I spent my 1st 15 years in Long Beach-to many people had to leave.Never looked back-I am betting Hotel Hollywood is long gone.

mark

Mark Cortright
www.liscomhillpottery.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users