classes Portland Oregon

Hi,

Im coming over to America in September for 3 months. Would like to brush up on certain skills while there especially wheel work and also

learn a bit more about oxides ,stains glazes etc. Does anyone know of any workshops , classes that are taking place in the Portland area.

Even better if they have classes for children too as Im bringing my two boys.Much appreciated.

OOps just realised this should be in different forum but dont know how to delete!!

Hi,

Im coming over to America in September for 3 months. Would like to brush up on certain skills while there especially wheel work and also

learn a bit more about oxides ,stains glazes etc. Does anyone know of any workshops , classes that are taking place in the Portland area.

Even better if they have classes for children too as Im bringing my two boys.Much appreciated.

OOps just realised this should be in different forum but dont know how to delete!!

Im from the portland area and a great place around here to get all your supplies and they even offer lessons on wheel throwing is Georgies !

heres the link

http://www.georgies.com/gcc-main-classes.shtml

• 1 month later...

Yes! Georgies is fantastic. If you head down to Salem at all, there is also the Willamette Art Center (http://willametteartcenter.com/).

Sorry I missed this earlier. A great place to take classes and get access to a wonderful studio full of wonderful people is in Multnomah Village at the Multnomah Arts Center. This is in SW Portland. Also, visit the Oregon Craft Museum in the Pearl district in downtown Portland. They often have great ceramic exhibits.

Portland is a wonderful place and we loved living there but I am very happy to be in the Arizona sunshine and to not to have to face another 9-10 months of the dark and rainy Oregon weather.

Hi again,

sorry wasnt on the forum for a while, thanks for all suggestions. We think its going to be Tualatin we'll be staying in , is this far out of Portland?

Not looking forward to more rain, since we have had the worst wet summer for thirty years

In Tualatin, you will be very close to the Multnomah Arts Center. Unfortunately there is not an antidote or escape from the rain - you must drink a lot of the wonderful Oregon wine.

Ok need a bit of help again, now it turns out we will be staying in Lake Oswego( looks beautiful!)

anyone have any ideas where I might go for wheel classes? tried googling but didnt realy come up with anything.

Appreciated, Julia

Hi Julia:

Here is the link to the Multnomah Arts Center. They do have classes for kids. It is not that far from the Lake Oswego. Georgie's is also not that far away. Nothing is really all that far in Portland.

http://www.multnomahartscenter.org/about-mac/classes/

If you want, send me your email and I can tell you more good things about Portland. My email is mjupp10@gmail.com.

Good luck.

Mike

Thanks for that,

have looked at the Multnomah site looks great, cant wait to get there! I think I'll just drop by when we get there and see whats on offer.

Its hard to know distances until Im there, a little bigger than Ireland I think! Im used to getting around on my bicycle!!

Might bump into a few of you. Thanks Mike will leave you my email, all advice on things to do welcome,

Julia

Archived