#21 hansen

hansen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, Virginia

Posted 06 August 2010 - 04:30 AM

karen - i'd love to send pix but i am still challenged on hoe to turn 1800+ mg in to less than 500
h a n s e n

Happy potting, I love my home made studio, it is funky, on the farm, in the barn and a happy place, birds singing, cats and dogs, I live out there, with a fridge and microwave and coffee pot, good tunes, why go to the house?

Would love to see photos of the various studios, it is so neat to see different folks' solutions to space and money obstacles.
Oh, and I would love to be a recipient of a kiln and wheel, or a slabroller....
I work at a chair in the spare bedroom, my jars of glaze in bins on the floor around my chair, brushes, sponge, towel and water on the end table next to the chair, and the piece I am glazing on a tray in my lap.
Help! I need a studio space to call my own :)

h a n s e n
Stone House Studio, Alexandria, Virginia

americanpotter.blogspot.com
thesuddenschool.blogspot.com

#22 ambersol

ambersol

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 02:17 PM

hi y'all--it's great to hear what other clay lovers have to work in and with. the clay co-op project is coming along now as an 8x12 foot shed. i bought two 5x4 sliding and one 3x4 single-hung windows 35% off at lowe's (low-e but not enough for the current tax credit). should be nice and bright inside! chris is looking for french doors on craig's list. till then, joe our construction guy can make his own. concrete pour may happen this week (we're getting estimates). re: getting a wheel/kiln/pug mill, you never know. chris' sister-in-law just had a baby and forsees being too busy for her wheel, thus loaning it to chris for a while (possibly to sell or as a gift). another neighbor is moving out of town and gave us some great 8-ft. shelves. serendipity happens:) can't wait to start working with clay again, especially after reading different posts on these forums...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users