Brasstown, NC/Feb. 10 - 16, 2013/ Colored Clay

John Campbell Folk School ... folkschool.org / 1-800-365-5724

Registration is now open for my week long workshop teaching all aspects of coloring clay with Mason stains, blending those colors in a quick, fun way and using those colors in your work. Some familiarity with clay will enhance your experience. All levels of experience welcomed for a fun week of learning at an historic folk school in the mountains of North Carolina.

post-1585-1341512559_thumb.jpg

post-1585-134151611517_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

I have had people ask what type of clay is used in this workshop. I normally teach with an inexpensive white clay from the school's local supplier. For this class it will be P5 porcelain from Highwater Clays. This is a good forgiving clay body that fires to Cone 5 and is warm white/creamy. I bring the pre-colored clay with me so we do not have to mix it onsite. You can buy the plain white clay from the school. My techniques can be translated to your own favorite clay very easily. Look forward to seeing you there!!! :D

• 4 months later...

For any of you inspired by my recent article in PMI ... there are a couple spots left in this workshop.

The North Carolina mountains are beautiful in the winter. The John Campbell Folk School is located on 300 acres in one of the loveliest areas in Appalachia. Winter classes take on a slower more intimate pace with the chance of a nice snowfall to make the whole place look like a Christmas Card. All studios will be working ... the bakers will be focusing on pie making (samples?) ... blacksmiths, calligraphy, quilting, painting, glass, jewelry, knitting, weaving, woodcarving, painting ... all studios welcome visitors and there will be plenty of time to wander and see what everyone else is doing.

www.folkschool.org

Archived