For the first time in 23 years ...

I will play on the wheel this weekend :-)

I got a wheel last month, and have to admit that I cannot wait to get on it. I have been watching a lot of youtube videos the last couple of weeks, know what I want to make and I need to reward myself with some playtime at the studio after a hectic few weeks.

(I might even try the spoonrests too :-)

Oh Inya, what we were afraid of happening, did happen. We all got busy with work and and and. Mervyn moved house, so he is completing his this week. Once he has assembled his, I will blog again about it. But, damn. Everything looks SO good.

Instead of playing on the wheel today, I got busy on my plaster wheel, and started to turn a tall jug/pitcher. A client has been begging for one since Jan! And a gallery just e-mailled me with another order, that they want a.s.a.p.

But the good news is that I fired the new 15 cf kiln, and everything looked good. It is full of cones, but as it is only a bisque kiln, it might not fire correctly at glaze. It was awesome to get 8 large salad bowls into it, 8 nesting bowl sets, 4 teapots and a host of bowls, tumblers and milk tumblers (about 70% of a large order in one go!). I would have been lucky to fit 3 of them into my 4.5 cf kiln :-)

omg that kils must be gigantic!blink.gif I wish, I wish... one day

I hope the kiln gods will have mercy

And about the contest- yes that sounds just like my plans ... but one new design in two months is ok too

much better then none rolleyes.gif

Inya, the bisque firing went 100% Tomorrow I will start to sand the bisque ware and get them ready for a glaze. Normally this time of the year is dead dead dead. But I keep getting orders coming in, not that I am complaining :-) And my little jug/vase master already got me an order from our neighbours.

I think the time I wanted to use to start practising on the wheel throwing has been cancelled/moved forward for now, ugh.

Archived