How Do I Glaze A Cone 6 Stoneware Peice Without Crawling?

sarasate

I've tried to spray the cone 04 glaze on a huge stoneware peice which'd been fired to cone 6.

Though I have the CMC added to the glaze, it crawled as the glaze dries up.

Is there a specific way to apply the glaze or is there anything that I can add to the glaze to prevent it from

crawling before and after firing?

duh - why are you spraying cone 04 glaze on a piece which has already been fired to 6? At 6 the porosity is starting to tighten up and is not particularly suitable for glazing, not normally. The normal procedure is to bisque to 06 and glaze with cone 6 glaze, isn't it? Unless you are using overglazes or enamels, which are low fire surfaces formulated to go over high fire glazed surfaces. I don't get it? Where is this coming from?

h a n s e n

I've tried to spray the cone 04 glaze on a huge stoneware peice which'd been fired to cone 6.

Is there a specific way to apply the glaze or is there anything that I can add to the glaze to prevent it from

• 2 weeks later...

Have you considered paint rather than refiring?

Archived