Oscillating tools

Greetings all - I have tried sanding, polishing fired ceramic surfaces by hand and it is difficult!! The Oscillating tools seems to be the answer, seems like Dremel and Fein have the best with many accessories especially diamond sanding/polishing pads. Can anyone give me a recommendation for this tool?? Thank you.

Greetings all - I have tried sanding, polishing fired ceramic surfaces by hand and it is difficult!! The Oscillating tools seems to be the answer, seems like Dremel and Fein have the best with many accessories especially diamond sanding/polishing pads. Can anyone give me a recommendation for this tool?? Thank you.

I own a Dremel Oscillating tool but never considered it for that purpose-it cuts metal and sheet rock great-The diamond accessory is for cutting tile

I also have two dremel tools that have carbide bits for grinding glaze runs.

Fein tools are super high quality.

Mark

I really like the Dremel for all sorts of things around the studio. I recently used to drill a hole in a bisque piece (to insert a hanger into a birdhouse). I also use it to grind and smooth small burrs on bisque and fired pieces. I recommend it and also the flexible arm for it which is easier to hold.

I also have a Dremel, my husband and I both love it but it stays in my shop because I'm organized, since we both use it we go through the grinding stones. At Christmas time Dremel puts together a bits kit and it gets pretty cheap by the time it's on closeout. The last kit I bought was 20 dollars it had 100 stones, discs, sanders and bits and came in a rack to hang on the wall. You may have some odd ball bits you may never use but it is much cheaper than paying 2-3 dollars for each individual bit. Denice

I also have a Dremel, my husband and I both love it but it stays in my shop because I'm organized, since we both use it we go through the grinding stones. At Christmas time Dremel puts together a bits kit and it gets pretty cheap by the time it's on closeout. The last kit I bought was 20 dollars it had 100 stones, discs, sanders and bits and came in a rack to hang on the wall. You may have some odd ball bits you may never use but it is much cheaper than paying 2-3 dollars for each individual bit. Denice

I use my dremel so much that when I saw another brand on low sale, I purchased it for in the house with other jobs. One stays in the shop for pottery, and I always keep on hand a variety of stones. I even use the rubber cleaning buffing wheels on rough glaze areas after grinding to polish and then finish with hard buffer and tooth paste.

I have a German flex shaft tool. what makes it different from Dremel is that it's got a chuck so i can insert bits with various diameters into it. the other bonus is the speed foot control. (like a sewing machine). For the life of me i cannot remember the name ... But i know that there is an american counterpart called a Foredom.

Archived