Kiln loading

I need to glaze fire (^05) a few pieces for an upcoming sale, but will only have enough work to fill less than half of the kiln. What is the best placement in the kiln? I have an L&L with 3" walls. I could put everything on two shelves, but would it be better put in all the shelves and distribute the work evenly on them with only one or two pieces per shelf? If I just put everything on two shelves, is it better to have them closer to the bottom, middle or top? Thanks for any help.

I need to glaze fire (^05) a few pieces for an upcoming sale, but will only have enough work to fill less than half of the kiln. What is the best placement in the kiln? I have an L&L with 3" walls. I could put everything on two shelves, but would it be better put in all the shelves and distribute the work evenly on them with only one or two pieces per shelf? If I just put everything on two shelves, is it better to have them closer to the bottom, middle or top? Thanks for any help.

I suggest loading the pieces throughout the kiln, with several pieces on each shelf.

Sincerely,

Arnold Howard

Paragon Industries, L.P., Mesquite, Texas USA

ahoward@paragonweb.com / www.paragonweb.com

I don't usually work with low-fire glazes, but occasionally have to use low fire glazes to cover a glaze combo that didn't come out as expected. Because it's only a few pieces, I fire them on the top shelf of a bisque firing. Doesn't seem to affect the glaze and I don't feel like I'm wasting space.

I don't usually work with low-fire glazes, but occasionally have to use low fire glazes to cover a glaze combo that didn't come out as expected. Because it's only a few pieces, I fire them on the top shelf of a bisque firing. Doesn't seem to affect the glaze and I don't feel like I'm wasting space.

I do the same with good results.

Archived