Sign in to follow this  
normal

Pricing Old Wheel

I want to sell an older Shimpo wheel but have no idea what is a fair price. It's around 30 years old and in good shape...I bought it new. As I understand it Shimpos only have one breakable part in the motor (some sort of belt thingy...which I replaced once) and should last forever. The plastic splash pan is cracked/patched. I don't know the model number but it is a workhorse. When I had opposable thumbs (without arthritis), it handled 25 lbs. of clay easily. Any ideas of a fair price? Any ideas where else to search for info on pricing? Thanks, Norma

Will you be shipping or just have local pickup? What area/state?

I'm going to try local. I live in San Diego, Calif. The wheel is too heavy to ship and there are lots of potters in the area.

i bought the same one here for $500. Wish i paid less though because i've put time and money into it, sanding off rust, painting it, and repairing the splash pan.

Thanks for the info. That and one I found on e-bay gets me into the ballpark.

You might want to browse thru eBay for a similar wheel and see what it's going for??

Thanks, I did find one sorta' similar on e-bay and some comments on clayart. Getting bits and pieces of info and it's a pleasant surprise. It's worth more than I thought.