Sign in to follow this  
trevorpots

Zakin- brain transplant?

trevorpots    0

I liked the first edition of of Richard Zakins 'electric Kiln Ceramics' and I used it often for inspiration and information.

I loaned it and it was lost.

I recieved the current edition from the Ceramic Arts Bookstore and found it was just a slick coffee table book (a different Zakin?)

Does anyone have a copy the early edition for sale at a reasonable price (posted to Australia)

Pres    896

I liked the first edition of of Richard Zakins 'electric Kiln Ceramics' and I used it often for inspiration and information.

I recieved the current edition from the Ceramic Arts Bookstore and found it was just a slick coffee table book (a different Zakin?)

Does anyone have a copy the early edition for sale at a reasonable price (posted to Australia)

Yep, have it, but I wouldn't part with it. As you say there are things in the old, that are not there in the new. It is so hard to find a book that is not written for the collector or the novice. When I do, I hold on. sorry!

trevorpots    0

Yep, have it, but I wouldn't part with it. As you say there are things in the old, that are not there in the new. It is so hard to find a book that is not written for the collector or the novice. When I do, I hold on. sorry!

Ok thanks for the reply.do you know if Dennis Parks has any recent publications.

Like you I now use a programmable electric (too easy?) but his ideas are still inspirational and relevant.

I guess he is still making pots somewhere?

Pres    896

Ok thanks for the reply.do you know if Dennis Parks has any recent publications.

Like you I now use a programmable electric (too easy?) but his ideas are still inspirational and relevant.

I guess he is still making pots somewhere?

Haven't seen anything recent by Parks, but if I do I'll pass it on. I fire completely by cone, no sitter nothing in an L&L electric-although you would not know the brand it does have coil holders of ceramic in the brick-great kilns.

Marcia Selsor    1,301

The only thing I know of by Dennis Parks recently was his autobiography, Living in the Country , Growing weird.

Dennis lives in Tuscarora, Nv. Pop. 8 or 9 with his grand daughter Aurora.

Marcia