Support your local __________?

I have been thinking quite a bit about the support for local potter strain that Chris Campbell has been talking up lately. An opportunity came to the surface in this months Clay Times magazine. I still haven't got the particulars yet, but it looks like $99 will buy 45 issues for a school for a year. What better way to foster interest in the arts, and give the local pottery/art teachers some support for technique, aesthetics and other up to date information. I have already talked to the district I retired from will be very happy to have a donation for the subscription. I think it would be a win win for potters to do this sort of thing for the schools if they find it fits their finances.. Any other ideas?

I have been thinking quite a bit about the support for local potter strain that Chris Campbell has been talking up lately. An opportunity came to the surface in this months Clay Times magazine. I still haven't got the particulars yet, but it looks like $99 will buy 45 issues for a school for a year. What better way to foster interest in the arts, and give the local pottery/art teachers some support for technique, aesthetics and other up to date information. I have already talked to the district I retired from will be very happy to have a donation for the subscription. I think it would be a win win for potters to do this sort of thing for the schools if they find it fits their finances.. Any other ideas?

Easy enough to arrange with a few minute phone call. Called the school district talked to the Assistant Superintendent in charge of secondary. Called Clay Times and paid on line with credit card. They even looked up the school address for me. I have it so that the stockroom at school will split the copies between the junior high and high school. Clay Times is quarterly so they will get 45 copies four times. Good deal at $99.

Archived