• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 Marcia Selsor

Marcia Selsor

Professor Emerita, Montana State University-Billings

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,131 posts
  • Locationwhere Texas, Matamoros, Rio Grande and Gulf of Mexico come together.

Posted 01 August 2010 - 10:47 AM

I agree with John. There were lots of academics on clayart. It was started by 2: Joe Molinaro and Richard Burckett.
I was a faithful follower during my morning coffees starting about late 1994 when my rocket scientist husband found it and thought I would enjoy it.
I was an academic at the time. Dannon was teaching in Paris Texas as an academic, Vince was on then, John B. Suzanne W, Elmer C, Louis K, Lou from Denver and many more.
But as John says, the questions are often coming from people exerting little effort to gain their own independent resourcefulness.
What does it take to look through the whole book rather than read a recipe?
I don't mind helping or giving suggestions, or sharing observations, but spoon feeding has been a real turn off to me as a life long educator.
Marcia

#22 hansen

hansen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, Virginia

Posted 03 August 2010 - 04:34 PM

p.s. actually most of the objections to using ClayArt and ClayCraft come form not opening up a new gmail account solely for the purpose of getting them. They work just fine then. Gmail is a wonderful thing.
h a n s e n

[quote name='hansen' date='31 July 2010 - 10:55 AM' timestamp='1280591746' post='1925']
I have been on and off and on again with ClayArt since the late '90's. It is an excellent forum in terms of a gathering of full-time professional studio potters who excelling in throwing on the wheel. Then there are others that tag along, for whatever reason, and are kind of kept in place. The number of

h a n s e n
Stone House Studio, Alexandria, Virginia

americanpotter.blogspot.com
thesuddenschool.blogspot.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users