11 replies to this topic

#1 Cheri Hhiers

Cheri Hhiers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:48 PM

Hello,

I am a sculptor and am looking for someone that can print out my images of my work so I can produce them on
porcelain nightlights. I can do the porcelain part and the firing part, but I need someone that can print out my images
on Ceramic decal paper for me to use.
Anyone here that can do this?

Attached Files

• Attached File  31.JPG   17.02KB   44 downloads

#2 Idaho Potter

Idaho Potter

Learning all the time

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts
  • LocationBoise, Idaho

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:47 PM

First off, go to CAD's archives and search for the articles on decals. Secondly, to make your own, all you need is a printer that uses LASER TONER, not ink jet so if you don't have that-- Kinko's, Staples, Office Max--anyplace that does color copies can help you. Happy hunting!

#3 Cheri Hhiers

Cheri Hhiers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:24 PM

First off, go to CAD's archives and search for the articles on decals. Secondly, to make your own, all you need is a printer that uses LASER TONER, not ink jet so if you don't have that-- Kinko's, Staples, Office Max--anyplace that does color copies can help you. Happy hunting!

Thanks for the reply. My local office supply stores wont print on decal paper, even if I supply it.
I found one printer that will print decals for me but not the fire on kind.
I have tried every printer and photo reproduction company in my town.
All seem to think I am asking for the moon!

I guess I have to find a company that just makes decals.

Thanks again~

#4 bciskepottery

bciskepottery

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationNorthern Virginia

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:40 PM

If you search the internet, you'll probably find companies that will print your images on decal paper. Most ask that you send the image files, they will print and send you the decals.

#5 ~janie

~janie

~janie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationHot old Texas Coast

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:20 PM

I have a laser printer. It is a HP, bought it a few months ago, just to print decals.

It will only print black on white decals, tho. No colors. This printer was very inexpensive, around $100, and only using it for decal work, I can afford the toner too.

Check it out online. I am sure you would love to have your own printer, and it would pay in the long run. Printers (the independent, 2-legged kind) can get to be very expensive.

#6 Diana Ferreira

Diana Ferreira

opinionated ignoramus

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • LocationCape Town, South Africa

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:14 AM

How many pages do you require? If your image is silkscreened, it all depends on the run and the colour layers required. I know that the owner where I rent space is looking at getting a special printer that will print single prints. But it is a very expensive piece of equipment.
Diana
www.dianaferreiraceramics.com
https://www.facebook...70824173&type=3

#7 Cheri Hhiers

Cheri Hhiers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:24 AM

How many pages do you require? If your image is silkscreened, it all depends on the run and the colour layers required. I know that the owner where I rent space is looking at getting a special printer that will print single prints. But it is a very expensive piece of equipment.

Diana, thank you so much for the reply.
I am just starting something new here and the images are coming off of my photoshop.
Im not so sure how silkscreening works so my images arent silkscreened.
I guess the problem right now is that I am just starting this and only need a few sheets to see if its even gonna work.
I have looked at some places on the internet and of course they have to do so much prep work that I might have to go
a different direction.
If I could find someone that would give me a break and make it affordable to start off with, and my project worked..they would
have my business forever!!
Thanks again!

Cheri

#8 Ric

Ric

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 06:35 PM

In our pottery we have used both decals and silk screening. Decals were created in photoshop in full colour, emailed to the decal printer and posted back. In Australia we use a local decal printer but I see a place like http://ceramicdecalprinting.com in US does something very similar. As far as silk screening goes we use a cheap little machine to create our screens, see http://onetreehillpo...m/?page_id=2350 for a few pictures and a video on how we do it. These machines are available at http://www.nehoc.com...nting/index.htm in Australia, presumably elsewhere in the US. Regards Ric Pierce

#9 law450

law450

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:02 AM

Diana, thank you so much for the reply.
I am just starting something new here and the images are coming off of my photoshop.
Im not so sure how silkscreening works so my images arent silkscreened.
I guess the problem right now is that I am just starting this and only need a few sheets to see if its even gonna work.
I have looked at some places on the internet and of course they have to do so much prep work that I might have to go
a different direction.
If I could find someone that would give me a break and make it affordable to start off with, and my project worked..they would
have my business forever!!
Thanks again!

Cheri

Hello there. I am new to the site but an old hat at decal production. I use a digital ceramic system for my decals. I produce full color decals from photoshop and corel draw etc. The system is very good and I produce ceramic medallions, head stones and murals for kitches and bathrooms. It was rather expensive to begin with but definately worth it. I have also learned how to modify the printers to use the ceramic toners so I have modified a few in the past year or so. If you are just looking to purchase the printed decals then I can accomodate you. I am in Florida so shipping will be easy. Incidentally the system also produces decals for glass. I am now experimenting with glass decals on marble and granite. Hopefully my new approach will yield some positive results. You can email me at law.450@hotmail.com.

#10 mltwiggy

mltwiggy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:54 AM

I have a laser printer. It is a HP, bought it a few months ago, just to print decals.

It will only print black on white decals, tho. No colors. This printer was very inexpensive, around $100, and only using it for decal work, I can afford the toner too.

Check it out online. I am sure you would love to have your own printer, and it would pay in the long run. Printers (the independent, 2-legged kind) can get to be very expensive.

#11 mltwiggy

mltwiggy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:55 AM

#12 mltwiggy

mltwiggy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:59 AM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users