HELP

I have an older kiln (sorry I am at work and don't know the brand) that has 3 prongs inside the kiln to hold the cone. One of the prongs literally fell out of the brick onto the kiln floor. Can anyone tell me how to reinsert the prong and it stay in place? Thank you in advance.

I have an older kiln (sorry I am at work and don't know the brand) that has 3 prongs inside the kiln to hold the cone. One of the prongs literally fell out of the brick onto the kiln floor. Can anyone tell me how to reinsert the prong and it stay in place? Thank you in advance.

They slide in the slots in the ceramic tube and have ears so it stops-If the tube is broken at the slot then the holder may not work anymore.

Check out the other holder to see what this looks like. The rod in the middle fits on top of cone and does not hold it as cone melts the rod drops and turns off kiln.

Mark

They slide in the slots in the ceramic tube and have ears so it stops-If the tube is broken at the slot then the holder may not work anymore.

Check out the other holder to see what this looks like. The rod in the middle fits on top of cone and does not hold it as cone melts the rod drops and turns off kiln.

Mark

Thanks! I will check if it just came out of the slot or burned off. What should I do about the situation if it is burned off? Any suggestions?

If a cone support slot in the end of the porcelain tube has broken off, I would replace the porcelain tube. The cone support probably just slid out, though. You can remove them easily for cleaning.

Sincerely,

Arnold Howard

Paragon Industries, L.P., Mesquite, Texas USA

ahoward@paragonweb.com / www.paragonweb.com

Thanks! I will check if it just came out of the slot or burned off. What should I do about the situation if it is burned off? Any suggestions?

If a cone support slot in the end of the porcelain tube has broken off, I would replace the porcelain tube. The cone support probably just slid out, though. You can remove them easily for cleaning.

Sincerely,

Arnold Howard

Paragon Industries, L.P., Mesquite, Texas USA

ahoward@paragonweb.com / www.paragonweb.com

Replacing the porcealin tube can be a pain. In one of my electrics I tied the broken piece of porcelain back onto the tube with high temp wire. I've used the kiln this way for about 2 years with no problems.

Jim

Archived