Whose Work Is This Two?

Whose work is this?

I had no idea that this artist had any ceramics. Some of the other pieces this artist created were sculpted more finely but I could not get a better image. As before there is no prize for guessing just the joy of being correct.

post-2283-133215610682_thumb.jpg

After the first correct answer, if you want to see more of this artist's ceramics, I will tell you where you can see better images.

post-2283-1332156921_thumb.jpg

post-2283-1332156921_thumb.jpg

WOW! Lucille that was a great choice!

I was actually clueless, but felt secure in my choice that it was possibly done by the hands of Matisse!

Though I know I was wrong now, at least I was verrrry close if you count friendships.... ha ha

Ooops! That's not a clue!huh.gif

------Rick

Whose work is this?

I had no idea that this artist had any ceramics. Some of the other pieces this artist created were sculpted more finely but I could not get a better image. As before there is no prize for guessing just the joy of being correct.

After the first correct answer, if you want to see more of this artist's ceramics, I will tell you where you can see better images.

I think it is Matisse.

TJR.

Yes. Paul Gauguin, this is the link for more images of ceramics and paintings of the artist. Unfortunately or fortunately there are other artist's works included on the Google Images page.

http://www.google.co...iw=1280&bih=543

There is also a book-

Sculpture and ceramics of Paul Gauguin

by Christopher Gray.

Published in1980 by Hacker Art Books in New York.

Written in English

And one more image I thought would be good to show-

post-2283-133228365879_thumb.jpg

post-2283-133228365879_thumb.jpg

Archived