Tess H

Amaco Potters Choice

Welcome to the forum Tess! Maybe yes, maybe no, try it and see what happens with your claybody.  Fire slowly until you get past bisque temperatures then continue as a glaze firing. 

12 hours ago, LeeU said:

I single-fire PC all the time--always get great results (same with Coyote).  I usually program for slow-glaze.  Just FYI, there is a Facebook Group for these glazes-often helpful & lots of photos of people's work. https://www.facebook.com/groups/potterschoiceex/

Hey Lee,,, don't you find it scary handling the greenware so much while glazing? What % of pieces do you break in the process? Are you dipping or brushing?

In 3 years of spraying on greenware, I finally broke a piece 2 weeks ago. Had finished spraying a bowl then instead of cradling the bowl with both hands, I grabbed the rim to pick it up and the rim snapped off in a chunk in my hands.

It is true "Haste makes waste".

10 hours ago, JohnnyK said:

Hey Lee,,, don't you find it scary handling the greenware so much while glazing? What % of pieces do you break in the process? Are you dipping or brushing?

Not really--I am pretty careful.  Once I have done what needs to be done, I'm good at leaving things alone until time to load.  I brush (usually 3 x and let each layer dry between coats, applied in different directions) or drip it on thick 1-2x (a style thing) using a ladle. Best guess for breakage might be 5% or less,  usually because I drop something or turn too fast and hit a shelf edge, that kind of thing.  Keep in mind I do low volume and tend to make fairly small pieces!