how and where

my mother passed months ago and I would like to sell her molds I have no idea where to sell them or how to go about selling them I live in georgia and no ceramic shops here to purchase them I have tons of molds please tell me what to do

Guest JBaymore

My condolences on your loss. It is a natural part of life.... but it is not easy. May you find peace in remembering the happy times.

The policies of this forum are that you can't actually DO business here selling things directly. So maybe try Craig's List or EBay or place a classified ad in a targeted ceramics audience publication like Ceramics Monthly.

best,

.................john

• 1 year later...

Molds are hard to sell just because they are bulky, shipping is atrocious and people who seriously need them for slip ware will probably make ones themselves. I had to pass on 2 kilns I wanted to buy because I would have had to take the molds as well ... hundreds and hundreds of them. Piece them out on sites like ebay ... it will take time but they will mostly all get sold and the rest can just be land fill.

Molds are hard to sell just because they are bulky, shipping is atrocious and people who seriously need them for slip ware will probably make ones themselves. I had to pass on 2 kilns I wanted to buy because I would have had to take the molds as well ... hundreds and hundreds of them. Piece them out on sites like ebay ... it will take time but they will mostly all get sold and the rest can just be land fill.

About a year ago I purchased a full pickup and 18' box truck load of molds, along with a slip reclamer <new cost around 450$> a whol bunch of glazes and paints some good some not useable. And a few shelves. Many of the molds have never been poured, it took me and the husband and wife that I bought the stuff from 4 hours to load the trucks. Id say theres close to 700 molds.

Not to bust the posters bubble but I got all that stuff for 200$.

Its not unusaul to see molds for FREE, as long as you take all of them.

Its also common to see molds for 1.00$ each

If one was willing to go through the smaller molds you might be able to sell on ebay for a better price. Large molds sold indivuadually would cost a fortuniue to ship.

Its kind of a shame because new mold prices are very high.

Archived