Coffee Mug/Tumbler Lids?

kpb

I am wanting to make some coffee tumblers or tall mugs with a lid. I have seen the neoprene lids that fit over the lip of the cup, but I was thinking about trying the push in style that seat down inside the top of the cup. Does anyone know where to find these at an affordable price? I'm new to the site, so thanks in advance for the help! 

http://ezpots.com/lids.html

Ive bought these before; the quality isnt very high. Suitable for the price point, but Im still looking for a better lid. The plastic "turn gate" spill stopper, etc is flimsy, the silicone gaskets are puny and seem like theyll last only a short while before losing their elasticity to endure long use. They're definitely not spill proof/vacuum seal like some of the nicer travel mugs out there either. For $2/unit I guess they're wonderful, but when Im selling it with a $30 mug, Id like to offer my customers something more durable.

I have a YETI travel mug which has a wonderfully durable lid, and have thought about getting replacements, uh hum...like a couple hundred, replacement lids from the manufacturer but have no idea the cost or if they would sell them to me at those volumes or not. Id love to find a better supplier of a quality lid so Im definitely interested to see what else the rest of this forum can come up with!

we used to carry the most beautiful wine glasses. The stems were hand thrown and the tops were clear glass, using epoxy to glue together. Tried various professional strength glues and all worked very well when they did. Although to our knowledge no customers ever had one of these fail,  we had failures for some to set properly. We just lost confidence that we could continue to sell these with 100% confidence that they would never fail.  It's a shame because they were really nice sellers and made the booth look really nice as well. 

We figured that with wine the biggest fear was getting wine stains all over furniture, carpet and cloths.

With coffee I would be way too gun shy about hot coffee injuring someone if a lid failed. 

2 hours ago, Mark C. said:

The e/z pots link is a fellow named Chuck -I used to buy all my rubber sponge bottoms from him. He is a potter and does this import business on the side in Seattle. Really nice guy.He discontinued them years ago

I buy a lot of different "pot" related products from him! Great prices, prompt shipping, and often times he includes samples of items I never paid for. Love getting free surprises. I buy a few things from other suppliers if he doesnt carry them, or have as good of prices, but most of my pot's accoutrements come from Ez-pots!

Archived