No shelves

6 minutes ago, GiffinTripped said:

I just started as a member of a studio, but my membership doesn't include a shelf, and it looks like there aren't any available.  Ideas?? Hard to throw and take it home the same day. 

I'd ask the person in charge at the studio

Sounds like they're over-subscribed. I have no idea how one could make good use of studio time with no shelves or storage areas.

Are you paying a lower rate than the other members?

Is there room for a shelf if you used your own materials?

Perhaps shelves are not assigned but are on a first-come-first-served basis?

I can’t imagine trying to transport work just thrown on the wheel in my car and in all the years I’ve worked in clay never a studio or classroom  has been without a place to accomodate some work in progress, at the very least one project at a time if space is really limited.  I did belong to one  studio that for a time was out of shelves to store clay bags and odd tools and any work that would fit for extended time, perhaps that’s the case and there is a misunderstanding. Like liambesaw said I’d ask whoever is in charge or another member what space is available.

On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 3:11 PM, GiffinTripped said:

I just started as a member of a studio, but my membership doesn't include a shelf, and it looks like there aren't any available.  Ideas?? Hard to throw and take it home the same day. 

Try to find a more accommodating studio...

Archived