CI Wheelhead removal

JohnnyK

Does anyone out there know how to remove the wheelhead from a Creative Industries MP? There is no way to just twist it off from the top, so I am wondering if I have to remove the belt shield from the bottom and get into it that way...any suggestions would be appreciated,

JohnnyK

No idea on that brand but with Brents you unbolt the whole head from the bottom and you need to take off the drive pulley from the shaft underneath.

Creative may also be one piece (bearing and shaft and wheelhead as one)

I only think a few brands pop off (Stuart Thomas/Skutt is one) from the top.

I would call Creative(speedball??)

25 minutes ago, Mark C. said:

No idea on that brand but with Brents you unbolt the whole head from the bottom and you need to take off the drive pulley from the shaft underneath.

Creative may also be one piece (bearing and shaft and wheelhead as one)

I only think a few brands pop off (Stuart Thomas/Skutt is one) from the top.

I would call Creative(speedball??)

I had contacted Speedball last year and their tech had no idea how to take it off. I'll give it a shot and go in from the bottom to see what's up.

I'd start at the bottom. Remove the belt and pulley and see if the shaft can be removed upward from the bearing. On TS/Skutt wheels, the shaft has to be pulled upward to remove it, but they have a unique system. I would think, though, that on your wheel you should be able to remove the shaft upward with the wheel head still attached. i can't image the shaft is permanently attached to the bearing. Once you get it out, you can work on removing the head from the shaft, if that's the ultimate goal. Otherwise, dig around under the wheel head and see if there are any set screws you can access that would allow the wheel head to come off the shaft. Often the head is pretty stuck to the shaft due to time and moisture, so it's not necessarily a simply thing even if it's made to come off that way.

Archived