what is engomes

Hello, I need some information on a technique that is called engomes, if I'm spelling it right; it's real similar to slip decorating. Where would I get info on this, I've tried the net, but evidently I didn't spell it right, nothing came up Thanks

Google

Engobes

www.duncanshearer.co.nz/glaze/engobes.html

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I recently started using engomes, and it works really well. I use them for tiles and I found his redish brown looking engomes color and it's really nice. Can you keep posting about your expernce with engomes, cause I'm new at it also and I'm curious to see how you make out. Plus I found some repices and let me know if you want share some! Later!

Hi,

I recently started using engomes, and it works really well. I use them for tiles and I found his redish brown looking engomes color and it's really nice. Can you keep posting about your expernce with engomes, cause I'm new at it also and I'm curious to see how you make out. Plus I found some repices and let me know if you want share some! Later!

My apologies in advance for correcting you here, confused_yet_curious, but a slight reiteration to Marc C's post above.....

The word 'engome' is a non-word.... the term is 'engobe'. Just so any other new ceramic interested people pick up on this, we need to teach them the correct information... better from the get-go! wink.gif The original poster had a mis-spelling of the term.

Incidentally, all of the colors on the stoneware fishhead cup pictured as my avatar, excluding the main bluish color of the fishhead, are done with engobes.

Engomes are gnomes with cute little hats and long ears that run around naked in the forest.

They make beautiful little earthenware pots that they pit-fire, but only on Wednesdays.

They are very rare and hard to find.

Engobes are something completely different.

:)

Engomes are gnomes with cute little hats and long ears that run around naked in the forest.

They make beautiful little earthenware pots that they pit-fire, but only on Wednesdays.

They are very rare and hard to find.

Engobes are something completely different.

:)

biggrin.gif Don't they call those little earthenware pots....'ceramic thimbles'....biggrin.gif

Archived